- a dream being started too soon and ended up too fast

Friday, September 3, 2010


 



I once dreamed of going to school riding a bicycle. And I thought, that would happen when former Pres. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo declared that there would be a Cordova-Cebu bridge.
It would be easy on my part knowing that I can directly go to CNU without passing the busy Marcelo Fernan Bridge. But sadly, that dream will never happen though the construction was already started as seen in the picture above.
According to Mayor Tomas Osmena, the bridge is too costly knowing that large vessels will be passing along the sea and that the budget won't even reach the Cebu City Coast.
I hope that the government would still reconsider this matter.
The construction is located in Day-as Cordova where I live and though it created a great havoc in our fishermen, they still want the bridge to be constructed to enhance our economy by not depending on MEPZs' high labor rates and promote our native delicacies and resorts.

-kawaii-
picture from LGU gallery 

0 comments: